Order your food and drink to your table (Exc. Mon - Weds)Order now!
Why Our Pub is Great
Named after the undefeated 18th Century thoroughbred racehorse, The Flying Childers combines a convivial village pub atmosphere with a contemporary restaurant menu. We are located in Kirby Bellars, a stone’s throw from Melton Mowbray. Our family-friendly pub is decorated and furnished in the modern vintage style. Bare brick and dark wood tables sit happily alongside whitewashed walls, ornate mirrors, and stylish lightshades. Outside, you’ll find a heated patio and plenty of seating.
Rotisserie chicken takes centre stage on the menu, but we do a wide range of alternatives. Much-loved British classics go wonderfully well with warming puddings.
We specialise in meals that perfectly suit each diner. Craft a starter platter by selecting a combination of starters that speak to you. You can make many of our mains your own by dressing them up or pairing them down.
The same goes for your little monkeys. Our children’s menu lets little chicks create their own meals using favourite foods, and for older children, we have fun twists on our main menu rotisserie chicken plates.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus